Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Free Target Trip & Great Publix Trip

This week I decided to skip Kroger and go to Target and Publix instead. I was so bummed out because I was so excited about getting a free transformers toy for my little one with the Hasbro coupon that I had printed out a few weeks ago and I ended up losing it! This ended up being my Target Trip (oh, did I mention this is my first time shopping at Target ever?):

2 Iams Trial Size Dog Food: $3.00 each
2- $3.00/ 1 (any) Iams dog food  Manufacturer Coupons (February's P&G insert)
Final Price: Free

Up&Up Paper Towels: $0.99
1- $1.00 / 1Up&Up Target Coupon from their website
Final Price: Free

Bic pens: $0.97
1-$1.00/1 Bic Stationary Product Manufacturer Coupon 1/08/2012 SS insert
Final Price: Free+ $0.03 overage

Total Value: $7.96 +tax
Total Saved: $8.00

Amount Paid Out-of-Pocket: $0.47


This (right above) is my Publix trip, which I was super excited about! I'm always anxious to see the weekly ad's sneak peek every Monday and when I saw that the cereal was going to be a good buy, I couldn't wait to go shopping! I love Fiber One and my husband's favorite cereal is Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The great thing about this week's ad was that the ad contained a Publix coupon for $2 off ANY General Mills cereal 15.6 oz to 18.25 oz.  This paired very nicely with some printable coupons I had printed a few weeks ago as well as a two coupons from the Sunday inserts.  I was able to get free Fiber One plus an overage that went towards the rest of the stuff I bought and very cheap Cinnamon Toast Crunch (59 cents). I gave my mother-in-law 3 boxes of cereal and half a dozen of the drinks. I love giving! Oh, and spaghetti sauce is an awesome item to buy when on sale because it's perfect for busy days when you don't have much time to prepare a homemade meal.  Needless to say, this was a great week for my family and I! This is how I did at Publix this week:

6  Fiber One Cereals:  2 for $5.00 (regularly 4.49 each)
Used 6- $2.00/1 General Mills Publix Coupon (in ad)
Used: 2- $1.75/ 2 General Mills cereal Printable Maunfacturer Coupons
Used: 2- $0.50/1 Fiber One Cereal 01/29/2012  SS insert
Final Price: Free + $2.50 overage

2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereals: $3.59 each
Used: 2- $2.00/1 General Mills Publix Coupon (in ad)
Used: 2- $0.50/1 Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal Printable Manufacturer Coupons
Final Price: $1.18 for both ($0.59 each)

4 Ragu Sauces:  Bogo at 2.19
Used:  2- $0.60/2 Ragu Sauces Manufacturer Coupons 01/29/2012 RP insert
Final Price: $3.18  for all 4 ($0.80 per jar)

1 Solo Square Plastic Cups: Bogo at $5.29
Used 1- $0.75/ 1 Solo Item Manufacturer Coupon (from a Sunday insert.  I forgot which one, couldn't find it in the database either- sorry! Check your binders!)
Final Price: $1.90

2 La Croix 12 packs Sparkling Water: Bogo at $4.49
Used: 2- $1.00/1 La Croix Natural Sparkling Water Printable Manufacturer Coupons
Final Price: $2.50 ($1.25 per 12 pack)

Total Value: $56.88 plus tax
Total Saved: $50.63

Amount Paid Out-of-Pocket: $6.25 plus tax ($7.31)



No comments:

Post a Comment