Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Publix: $62 worth for $5.21+tax

I procrastinated this week once again and waited until the very last minute to go to Publix (Literally!). I did, however, have a great trip! tee hee! I love Publix! This week and last week I had a $5/$30 Viva Italia Sale which is a huge help. Five dollars doesn't sound like a lot but when you coupon and buy items that are on sale, five dollars could buy quite a few items. For example, I could say that this week, the five dollars helped me buy  4 Honey Bunches of Oats cereals, 1 Silk Milk, 2 Dannon Light & Fit 4 packs, 1 Knorr Homestyle Stock 4 pk, and and a Voskos Greek yogurt AND I still had 20 cents left over. Pretty cool, eh!? I actually messed up because I thought this was the week in which the Voskos were $10/10 and so I sent the hubby to get them and didn't check the price until afterwards. I bought them at $1.50 each- oh well! This is how my trip went this week:
(TQ= Target Coupon, MQ= Manufacturer Coupon, PQ= Publix Coupon)

I forgot to add the gallon of Publix Milk. The hubby put it in the fridge so fast that it totally slipped my mind.

4 Honey Bunches of Oats Fruit Blends BOGO at $3.29
Used: 4- $1/1 HBO Fruit Blends MQ
Used:1- $2/2 Post dry cereal or and Silk beverage TQ
Final Price: $2.60 for all four (or $0.65 each)

4 Kraft Fresh Takes at 2 for $4
Used: 4- $1/1 Kraft Fresh Takes MQ
Used: 2- $2/2 Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Philadelphia Indulgence, Fresh Takes, or Oscar Mayer Select Beef Franks PQ (Yellow Advantage Flyer)
Final Price: FREE!

1 Knorr Homestyle Stock at $2.99
Used: $1.35/1 Knorr Homestyle Stock MQ
Used: 1- $1.25/1 Knorr Homestyle Product PQ
Final Price: $0.39

6 Voskos Greek Yogurt at 2 for $3
Used: 2- $1/3 Voskos Greek Yogurts PQ (Yellow Advntage Flyer)
Used: 1- $1/ 3 Voskos Yogurts MQ
Final Price: $6.00 ($1 each) 
^This is where I messed up but the hubby loves greek yogurt so it's all good.

2 Dannon Light & Fit 4 pks at $2.19 each
Used: 1-$2/2 Dannon Light & Fit 4 pks PQ (Yellow Advantage Flyer)
2- $1/1 Dannon Light & Fit 4 pk MQ
Final Price: $0.38 for both ($0.19 per 4 pk)

4 Progresso Soups BOGO at $2.29
Used: $0.50/4 Progresso soups MQ
Used: $1/4 Progresso Items PQ
Final Price: $2.58 for all four ($0.65 each)

1 Publix Milk Gallon at $3.39
Used: 1- Free Milk wyb 3 Breakfast Items MQ
Final Price: FREE!

1 Silk Milk at $3.39
Used: 1- $1/1 Silk Product MQ
Used: 1- $2/2 Post dry cereals and or Silk beverage TQ
Final Price: $0.39

1 Beechnut Cookies at $2.09
Used: 1- Try any Stage 4 Products free MQ (received in the mail today!)
Final Price: FREE!

1 Purell at $2.99
Used: $1/1 Purell 8oz or larger MQ
Used: $1/1 Purell 8oz or larger TQ
Final Price: $0.99

Also used 1- $5/30 PQ

Total Value: $61.97

Total Saved: $56.76

Total Paid: $5.21 + tax

My favorite buys this week were the Dannon yogurt, Kraft Fresh Takes, and the Silk! My husband is lactose intolerant and goes through his lactose-free milk super fast! It is way more expensive than regular milk and so anytime I can get cheap milk for him, I take advantage of it! 39 cents is awesome! I was actually hoping to get Silk's new Fruit and Protein milk but my Publix didn't have them yet so I got white milk. He uses most of it to do his post work-out shakes (raw eggs, raw oatmeal, banana, strawberries, milk) anyway so I figured the fruit and protein would be awesome! Oh well, maybe next time! 



3 comments: